- The common garden mint, used as a culinary herb and to flavor candy, chewing gum, etc..
More example sentences
- Mentha spicata, family Labiatae
- Peppermint is a hybrid between spearmint and water mint that was developed in the 1600s.
- Mints, usually spearmint, are used, fresh or dried, to make jams, jellies, and sauces, to accompany meat, fish, or vegetable dishes.
- For stomach trouble, drink a tea of the common nettle or of spearmint.
More definitions of spearmintDefinition of spearmint in:
- The British & World English dictionary