Definition of special case in English:
1A situation or person that has unusual qualities or needs.
- Still, except for a few special cases, most films are made a certain way.
- He hardly wore the hood, except for special cases like when we were riding last night.
- What we have in this example is not a special case but a specially clear case.
2 Law A written statement of fact presented by litigants to a court.
- The special case came before Mr Recorder Jarvis sitting in the Weymouth County Court.
- They are facts stated in the special case, your Honour.
- In terms of its status, it is material put before the Court in a special case.
Definition of special case in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia