Definition of special delivery in English:
1A former express mail service of the US Postal Service that involved expedited delivery of mail, often by special courier.
- So Kaulkin came down to the parking lot carrying a mail basket containing 15 special delivery packages.
- Additional charges may apply for bulk orders or special delivery.
1.2A letter or parcel sent by a special-delivery service.
- Targets for parcels and special deliveries were missed after reaching new working practices agreements with the unions.
- Some 4,000 managers were drafted in to get out special deliveries and to collect mail in the main commercial areas.
- Many products - such as special deliveries - which were currently not regulated would be now price-controlled, he said.
Definition of special delivery in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.