The assumption of human superiority leading to the exploitation of animals.
More example sentences
- Advocates argue that fighting speciesism is an extension of struggles for human equality.
- More example sentences
- He states that it is speciesist to judge that the life of a normal adult member of our species is more valuable than the life of a normal adult mouse.
- It's speciesist to give humans greater moral consideration than nonhumans for any reason.
- Of course, in practice most of us are speciesist.
Definition of speciesism in:
- The British & World English dictionary