- You must identify clearly the specific children for whom you are making the request.
- Clearly defined and specific objectives provide yardsticks for measurement.
- In this work it is hard to identify specific organs, aside from the pair of yellow mounds at one end that appear to represent lungs.
- A friend of mine sent me a copy of the May 2000 issue with specific instructions to read your article.
- Refer to current labels for specific details and instructions.
- While I'm not exactly clear on the specific details, I believe that he is valued by both sides.
- Some events are specific to a particular ethnic group.
- Whether they are valid or not is specific to each particular situation.
- Each disc comes with a documentary unique to the specific subject matter and a general documentary about the show itself.
- All specific excise taxes are unfair in that no tax contribution is made by non-consumers.
- Licorice root is a specific for low adrenal function.
- The by-laws of the association detail the specifics.
- She is keener to discuss life in philosophical terms than the specifics of her new novel.
- I just want to focus in on defining the specifics of the issues.
Mid 17th century (originally in the sense 'having a special determining quality'): from late Latin specificus, from Latin species (see species).
Words that rhyme with specificanaglyphic, beatific, calorific, colorific, hieroglyphic, honorific, horrific, Indo-Pacific, pacific, prolific, scientific, soporific, terrific, transpacific, triglyphic
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.