Definition of spectacled cobra in English:
An Asian cobra with a marking on the hood that resembles spectacles. Also called Indian cobra, Asian cobra.
- Naja naja, family Elapidae
- In India, we have three species of cobras - the spectacled cobra, the monocled cobra, which is in the North east, and the black cobra, which is way up in the Northwest region.
- A highlight of the sightseeing was watching the snake man charm and entice two spectacled cobras to dance.
- A number of reptiles like Kraits, spectacled cobras, turtles and vipers can also be spotted in the sanctuary.
Definition of spectacled cobra in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.