Definition of speech synthesizer in English:
A machine that generates spoken language on the basis of written input.
- He attends an adult day-care program each day, speaks with a speech synthesizer, and stands every evening, using a supportive frame.
- This ‘alternative’ text is generally hidden if the image is displayed or visible to the user but it can be picked up and spoken by a speech synthesizer, or other alternative output device, for a blind or visually impaired user.
- The phonological output of the system is directly available as input to a speech synthesizer.
- Example sentences
- The visual data will be fused with some of the best speech recognition software, advanced natural language processing, and speech synthesis in the world.
- Major applications of phonetics have been made in such areas as language teaching, speech therapy, and automatic speech synthesis and recognition.
- The Edinburgh centre, led by Professor Mark Steedman, is working on speech synthesis, language and intonation.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan