(British also speed hump)
- A ridge set in a road surface, typically at intervals, to control the speed of vehicles.More example sentences
- He said that after telling the boy to ‘clear off’ he had slipped on a speed hump in the road and that the fall had caused his injuries.
- Jeffrey clapped his hand over his mouth as the taxis rumbled over a speed bump.
- The teenager added that Hall then threw him into the middle of the road, where he hit his left shoulder on a speed hump and banged his head.
More definitions of speed bumpDefinition of speed bump in:
- The British & World English dictionary