Definition of speedboat in English:
A motorboat designed for high speed.
- You can design your own speedboat or paddle boat and see how fast it can go - or even whether it will stay afloat.
- In his backyard was a dock that stored his private speedboat and yacht, two items which he treasured.
- On this occasion, it was merely a speedboat which had run out of fuel.
- Example sentences
- Size probably contributed as much as its location to Lake George's popularity as a venue for speedboating.
- The depth of the lake makes it a natural draw for recreational boating and water sports, including speedboating, sailing, para-sailing, water skiing, jet skiing and swimming.
- Joe was an avid sportsman, passionate for speedboating, and enjoyment of travel.
Words that rhyme with speedboatkeelboat
Definition of speedboat in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan