Definition of speedo in English:
noun (plural speedos)
1 informal short for speedometer.
- Inside there is a massive central rev counter and a speedo on the steering column (Australian regs required the pair reversed).
- Look closer and you'll notice the port and starboard navigation lights, and the knot meter lined up next to the speedo and rev counter on the dash.
- The arched strip rev counter above the speedo fits in with the design but is hard to read when the sun is directed at the dash.
2 (Speedos) trademark Men’s brief, tight swimming trunks.
- However, I also noticed that Speedos and swimming briefs are extremely popular on the beaches of Europe.
- Generally, Speedos are more acceptable in Europe since that's what most of the natives wear.
- I guess I was thinking about your swim meet last night and how that one team all wore Speedos.
Definition of speedo in:
- British & World English dictionary