- An instrument on a vehicle’s dashboard indicating its speed.More example sentences
- The researchers also measured how often each driver checked his or her side and rear mirrors and the speedometer on the dashboard.
- A huge dashboard spreads out in front of you, with a speedometer and revcounter mounted in the middle, not in front of the driver.
- The vehicles have digital speedometers, are petrol-driven and can travel up to 45 mph.
More definitions of speedometerDefinition of speedometer in:
- The British & World English dictionary