A small creeping herbaceous plant of north temperate regions, with small blue or pink flowers.
- Genus Veronica, family Scrophulariaceae: several species, including the germander speedwell
More example sentences
- With the onset of summer there's the cow parsley, poppies, honeysuckle, wild roses, speedwell, ragged robin and foxgloves.
- Alternative landscape plants might include spiked speedwell, lilies, Siberian iris, spiked gayfeather and garden sage.
- Notorious sun lovers are daylilies, sedium, and speedwell.
Definition of speedwell in:
- The British & World English dictionary