Definition of speedwell in English:
A small creeping herbaceous plant of north temperate regions, with small blue or pink flowers.
- Genus Veronica, family Scrophulariaceae: several species, including the germander speedwell
- With the onset of summer there's the cow parsley, poppies, honeysuckle, wild roses, speedwell, ragged robin and foxgloves.
- Alternative landscape plants might include spiked speedwell, lilies, Siberian iris, spiked gayfeather and garden sage.
- Notorious sun lovers are daylilies, sedium, and speedwell.
Words that rhyme with speedwellstairwell • Bakewell
Definition of speedwell in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan