Definition of spellbinding in English:
Holding one’s attention completely as though by magic; fascinating: she told the spellbinding story of her life
More example sentences
- The only sound to be heard in the room was George's spellbinding voice.
- The music swells to a spellbinding apex, wringing every last ounce of emotion out of the song in the process.
- The most spellbinding moment of the trip came towards the end of the week.
- Example sentences
- After the Grieg, we were treated to an encore of Debussy's miniature La fille aux cheveux de Lin, spellbindingly played, and after the Mozart one of Erik Satie's elegantly pointless dances.
- In ‘Four Women’, Simone sings spellbindingly in four different personas - four black women whose fate is sealed by the gradations of their skin colour.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.