Definition of sperm in English:
noun (plural same or sperms)
1 short for spermatozoon.
- Hennig is now doing research into how DNA works in the cell after connection of sperms and eggs.
- Fertility scientists like Trounson say it is only a matter of time before the technique is also used to develop sperm and eggs cells, making infertility a thing of the past.
- In the sex cells, the sperms and eggs, chromosomes come in singles.
1.1 informal Semen.
- If there is a problem with the male partner sperm, then sperm from an anonymous donor may be used.
- Males taking thalidomide should not donate sperm or blood.
- It's those bad boys swinging away down low that produce the two things - testosterone and sperm - that determine what kind of man you are.
Words that rhyme with spermaffirm, berm, confirm, firm, germ, herm, midterm, perm, squirm, term, therm, worm
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.