- A cell produced at the second stage in the formation of spermatozoa, formed from a spermatogonium and dividing by meiosis into spermatids.More example sentences
- Lying between, and nurtured by, the Sertoli cells, the primary spermatocytes undergo two meiotic divisions and cellular remodelling to produce mature sperm.
- After 5 weeks, oligospemia was observed, and after 10 weeks, testicular atrophy accompanied by the loss of sperm cells and spermatocytes was confirmed.
- The first breakthrough in the development of insect cell culture was the report of maturation of testicular follicle cells to spermatocytes in a moth in an artificial medium.
More definitions of spermatocyteDefinition of spermatocyte in:
- The British & World English dictionary