- A bacterium or plant cell bound by its plasma membrane, the cell wall being deficient or lacking and the whole having a spherical form.More example sentences
- Mitochondria were isolated after conversion of cells to spheroplasts.
- Unlike some previous studies the use of this virus system avoids the requirements of generating spheroplasts from host cells before titering viral infectivity.
- Channel current was obtained from inside-out patches from spheroplasts.
More definitions of spheroplastDefinition of spheroplast in:
- The British & World English dictionary