- Any of a class of compounds that are fatty acid derivatives of sphingosine and occur chiefly in the cell membranes of the brain and nervous tissue.More example sentences
- Sphingomyelins are the only sphingolipid that are phospholipids.
- Previous studies of this phenomenon have focused mainly on systems combining cholesterol with PC and sphingolipids.
- In biological membranes, sphingolipids are essentially localized on the outer leaflet of the plasma membrane.
More definitions of sphingolipidDefinition of sphingolipid in:
- The British & World English dictionary