Definition of spicebush in English:
A North American shrub with aromatic leaves, bark, and fruit. The leaves were formerly used for a tea and the fruit as an allspice substitute.
- Lindera benzoin, family Lauraceae
- Smaller trees and shrubs include red maple, Carolina allspice, and the fragrant spicebush.
- These included such hardy species as red chokeberry, buttonbush, spicebush and red twig dogwood.
- Common midstory and understory species included red maple, American beech, greenbrier, and spicebush.
Definition of spicebush in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan