Definition of spider mite in English:
An active plant-eating mite that resembles a minute spider and is frequently a serious garden and greenhouse pest.
- Family Tetranychidae: many species, in particular the red spider mite (Tetranychus urticae)
- Without a doubt, spider mites are the leading garden pest for causing yellowed leaves during cool wet springs and temperate falls.
- Other common pests include spider mites and mealy bugs.
- Finally, check plants constantly for pests like spider mites, scale, mealybugs and whiteflies.
Definition of spider mite in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia