- Tell a long, far-fetched story.More example sentences
- I feel so let down I have been spun a yarn from start to finish.
- He would also like to see it used during TV interviews with politicians, so audiences could tell whether they were being spun a yarn.
- A cracker bus driver refuses to let him aboard, and our hero coolly spins a yarn about being a wounded veteran of the Normandy landings which shames the man into submission.
More definitions of spin a yarnDefinition of spin a yarn in:
- The British & World English dictionary