Definition of spin dryer in English:
A machine for drying wet clothes by spinning them in a revolving perforated drum.
- That job is left to the wardrobe department, aided by a couple of washing machines, a spin dryer and two tumble dryers, one of which is tall and cupboard like and on my visit contained a giant bright green furry ball.
- I loved to watch the water spilling from the pipe in the spin dryer back into the main wash.
- The wind buffets upwards; the effect is like being in a spin dryer and people coming out onto the platform say it reminds them of Kate Winslett on the bow of the Titanic.
- Example sentences
- One afternoon, whilst spin-drying the sheets, she leaned forward and accidentally nudged the washing machine with her… um… front bottom.
- But I did a lot more fiddling, and eventually got the water out of the machine and the clothes rinsed and spin-dried.
- Makes laundry day go by pretty fast when you can at least sit on it during spin-dry and end up smiling the rest of the day.
Pronunciation: /ˈspin ˈˌdrī/verb
Definition of spin dryer in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.