nounNorth American • informal
- 1 another term for spin-off.More example sentences
- Some of the spin-out companies being created now are fabulous.
- Creating spin-out companies should become easier this year as the Chancellor, Gordon Brown, has altered the infamous Schedule 22 rule which penalised academics entering the private sector.
- For this reason, as the university spin-out company prepares to emerge into the cut-throat world of business, it is important that a competent and effective commercial team is already in place.
- 2A skidding spin by a vehicle out of control.More example sentences
- On slippery surfaces, the car takes over and automatically controls steering torque to prevent a spin-out.
- I only put ‘realistic’ in quotes because the cars behave like you'd expect them too, with lots of spin-outs and really bad landings.
- Herein lies the skill; going into a turn too fast will result in a "spin-out," as it does in a real car.
More definitions of spin-outDefinition of spin-out in:
- The British & World English dictionary