Definition of spin-stabilized in English:
(Of a satellite or spacecraft) stabilized in a desired orientation by being made to rotate about an axis.
- Other ASVN applications include missiles and rockets that might rotate at launch for thrust equalization and to augment stability, or spin-stabilized micro- or nano-satellites.
- 220-mm Multiple Rocket Launcher The 9P140 Uragan (previously referred to incorrectly as BM - 22) is the world's first modern fin and spin-stabilized heavy rocket system.
- Is the ability to hit the target with high reliability influenced if the target is either tumbling or spin-stabilized?
- Example sentences
- But as I understand it, the tumbling warheads are easier to build than non-tumbling warheads; it is harder to achieve spin-stabilization.
- The head separation, turnover and spin-stabilisation system was successful.
- All of these factors, taken together, constituted too great an element of unreliability, and this plus the development problems outweighed the strong points of the spin-stabilization concept.
Definition of spin-stabilized in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan