- 1.1 Zoology A narrow, elongated cell present in the blood of most nonmammalian vertebrates, functioning as a platelet.More example sentences
- The morphology of relatively long, beaded AFB, often with bent or folded ends, is demonstrable even when bacilli are present in spindle cells.
- A minor component of spindle cells was also present.
- Collagen IV was present among the spindle cells, but it did not stain the core of the rosettes.
More definitions of spindle cellDefinition of spindle cell in:
- The British & World English dictionary