(also spindleshanks /ˈspindlˌSHaNGks/)
1Long thin legs.
More example sentences
- The friend told that her head looked too big for her body and her thin spindle legs looked like they couldn't support the weight of her shoes.
- The furniture is either light, with spindle legs and wicker, or it is of a light color: the heaviest piece, the sofa, is made with the lightest color fabric, an off-white that's even paler than the pale pink walls.
- He swears, shivers, swings spindle legs off the bed and lurches, teeth bared, into the stinging spray.
- More example sentences
- The grasshopper seemed quite minuscule in comparison to the beast towering high above him, who could easily toss the gangling spindle-legged insect to one side with a single gesture of his monstrous paws.
- The calves are born in May and are spindle-legged little creatures for the first few days.
- Two spindle-legged chairs covered with a lilac butterfly fabric coordinated to match the round white table.