(also spindleshanks /ˈspindlˌSHaNGks/)
Definition of spindle legs in English:
1Long thin legs.
- The friend told that her head looked too big for her body and her thin spindle legs looked like they couldn't support the weight of her shoes.
- The furniture is either light, with spindle legs and wicker, or it is of a light color: the heaviest piece, the sofa, is made with the lightest color fabric, an off-white that's even paler than the pale pink walls.
- He swears, shivers, swings spindle legs off the bed and lurches, teeth bared, into the stinging spray.
- Example sentences
- The grasshopper seemed quite minuscule in comparison to the beast towering high above him, who could easily toss the gangling spindle-legged insect to one side with a single gesture of his monstrous paws.
- The calves are born in May and are spindle-legged little creatures for the first few days.
- Two spindle-legged chairs covered with a lilac butterfly fabric coordinated to match the round white table.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan