- Having a circular cross section and tapering toward each end.More example sentences
- This tumor should be distinguished from collision tumors and carcinomas with foci of spindle-shaped epithelial cells.
- The cells appeared pear-shaped or spindle-shaped and were different from round plasmatocytes, even with cytoplasmic filaments, or from flattened macrophages.
- It is characterized by slit-like neovascular processes and the presence of proliferating endothelial cells, fibroblasts, infiltrating leukocytes, and a population of spindle-shaped tumor cells.
More definitions of spindle-shapedDefinition of spindle-shaped in:
- The British & World English dictionary