- 1A person occupied in making thread by spinning.More example sentences
- She claimed to be Clotho, the spinner of the thread of life!
- He spun his stick around in his fingers like a spinner would with thread.
- Demonstrations taking place include basket makers, corn dollies, stick making, coracle maker, greenwood workers, blacksmith, spoon carver, spinners and weavers.
- 3 (also spinnerbait) Fishing A lure designed to revolve when pulled through the water.More example sentences
- Although not often recognized as ‘big bass’ lures, spinnerbaits have accounted over the years for many double-digit largemouths.
- That and the trailing grub help to hold the spinnerbait higher in the water column.
- Either way, the one-handed rod was the common denominator for chunking topwater plugs, spinnerbaits and subsurface lures amid the sloughs and backwaters.
- 3.1A type of fishing fly, used chiefly for trout.More example sentences
- We flyfished and waded, jigged lures and threw spinners.
- Idly I reeled the little spinner through the blue-green water.
- Flies, spinners and plugs, in fact all types of lures including plastic worms, also live and dead bait all catch these fish.
- 4A metal fairing that is attached to and revolves with the propeller boss of an aircraft in order to streamline it.More example sentences
- Oddly, there was a lack of a streamlining spinner over the blunt propeller hub.
- The propeller spinners used by UAL were large hemispherical domes (not pointed) with a black porous coating of rubber.
- Now registered R260Y / Race 52, there had not been time to finish a spinner for the propeller hub.
More definitions of spinnerDefinition of spinner in:
- The British & World English dictionary