- A dolphin of warm seas that has a long slender beak and is noted for rotating several times while leaping into the air.
More example sentences
- Genus Stenella, family Delphinidae: two species, in particular S. longirostris
- Schools of spinner dolphin and two enormous sunfish seen basking at the surface on the return journey proved the cherry on the icing.
- The Sierra Club works with the Oceanic Society to survey nesting patterns of many bird species here, and also aids in spinner dolphin research.
- From time to time huge pods of spinner dolphins leap from the water, the occasional minke whale spouts and you might even see enormous sunfish basking near the surface of the sea.