- A machine for spinning with more than one spindle at a time, patented by James Hargreaves in 1770.More example sentences
- This was used to measure the highest and lowest cylinder pressures to estimate how much power would be needed for particular machines such as a group of spinning jennies.
- Bury's John Kay, who invented the flying shuttle, and Blackburn's James Hargreaves, the inventor of the spinning jenny, will also be featured.
- Although the spinning jenny and water frame managed to increase the productive capacity of the cotton industry, the real breakthrough came with developments in steam power.
More definitions of spinning jennyDefinition of spinning jenny in:
- The British & World English dictionary