Definition of spintronics in English:
plural noun[treated as singular]
A field of electronics in which electron spin is manipulated to yield a desired outcome.
- A third key area of research will focus on spintronics, or electron spin.
- They might also help scientists learn how to use the electron's ‘spin’, as well as its charge, to carry information in a new field known as spintronics.
- Researchers in the field of spintronics are developing devices that use ‘spin polarized ‘electric currents - currents dominated by either spin up or spin down electrons.’
- 1spintronic adjective
- a spintronic transistor that could play a major role in the quest for quantum computingMore example sentences
- Spintronics is also being looked at to drive so-called Magnetic RAM, and eventually in the potential development of spintronic transistors, characterized by their low power consumption.
- Such detail will be valuable in understanding and engineering the properties of future nanoscale spintronic devices.
- So SmAl 2 could someday be used in spintronic applications that require a zero-magnetic field, such as a spin-polarized scanning tunneling microscope.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.