Definition of spintronics in English:
plural noun[treated as singular]
A field of electronics in which electron spin is manipulated to yield a desired outcome.
- A third key area of research will focus on spintronics, or electron spin.
- They might also help scientists learn how to use the electron's ‘spin’, as well as its charge, to carry information in a new field known as spintronics.
- Researchers in the field of spintronics are developing devices that use ‘spin polarized ‘electric currents - currents dominated by either spin up or spin down electrons.’
- a spintronic transistor that could play a major role in the quest for quantum computingMore example sentences
- Spintronics is also being looked at to drive so-called Magnetic RAM, and eventually in the potential development of spintronic transistors, characterized by their low power consumption.
- Such detail will be valuable in understanding and engineering the properties of future nanoscale spintronic devices.
- So SmAl 2 could someday be used in spintronic applications that require a zero-magnetic field, such as a spin-polarized scanning tunneling microscope.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan