Definition of spire shell in English:
A marine or freshwater mollusk with a long conical spiral shell.
- Hydrobiidae and related families, class Gastropoda
- In the sand you can find cone shells, spire shells and flatfish.
- An area of mudflat similar to that occupied by a dinghy could hold 40,000 tiny Laver spire shells, 60,000 Corophium shrimps, 50,000 Baltic Tellin shellfish or up to 500 Ragworms.
- He would approach an area of sand on the bottom, wave his hand vigorously to remove the top layers and find these beautiful spire shells.
Definition of spire shell in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.