Definition of spire shell in English:
A marine or freshwater mollusk with a long conical spiral shell.
- Hydrobiidae and related families, class Gastropoda
- In the sand you can find cone shells, spire shells and flatfish.
- An area of mudflat similar to that occupied by a dinghy could hold 40,000 tiny Laver spire shells, 60,000 Corophium shrimps, 50,000 Baltic Tellin shellfish or up to 500 Ragworms.
- He would approach an area of sand on the bottom, wave his hand vigorously to remove the top layers and find these beautiful spire shells.
Definition of spire shell in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan