Definition of spirogyra in English:
A filamentous freshwater green alga containing spiral bands of chloroplasts.
- Genus Spirogyra, division Chlorophyta
- The magnified parade of protozoas, amoeba proteus and paramecia aurelia, with spirogyras and volvox green algae, amazed the kids.
- The spirogyras send their contents through the conjugations tubes to the other one.
- It was a picture of spirogyra, a single cell organism, taken through a microscope.
Definition of spirogyra in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia