Definition of spironolactone in English:
A steroid derivative that is an aldosterone antagonist, which promotes sodium excretion and is used in the treatment of certain types of edema and hypertension.
- Chemical formula: C24H32O4S
- For example, ACE inhibitors, beta-blockers, ARBs, spironolactone and digoxin are probably not necessary in all patients.
- Pharmacologic agents used have included hydrochlorothiazide, spironolactone, furosemide, propranolol, or hydralazine.
- We restricted our analyses to loop diuretics, angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors, blockers, spironolactone, and digoxin.
Definition of spironolactone in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan