noun (plural splenectomies)
- A surgical operation involving removal of the spleen.More example sentences
- Because of this, a splenectomy, or surgical removal of the spleen, may be done to combat the disorder.
- Examples of advanced laparoscopic procedures include splenectomies, colostomy takedowns, colectomies, and Nissen fundoplications.
- Surgical history included a splenectomy for ITP and a cholecystectomy.
More definitions of splenectomyDefinition of splenectomy in:
- The British & World English dictionary