- Abnormal enlargement of the spleen.More example sentences
- Physical examination revealed normal growth and vital signs, no icterus, lymphadenopathy, ascites, splenomegaly, or other systemic abnormal findings.
- Two helpful tips the authors present are that lymphangitic streaking is often consistent with cutaneous infection, and that splenomegaly is rare in metastatic cancer.
- When I see patients with chronic syndromes where they have splenomegaly and disease progression over time, I always consider sarcoidosis.
early 20th century: from splen- 'spleen' + Greek megas, megal- 'great'.
More definitions of splenomegalyDefinition of splenomegaly in:
- The British & World English dictionary