- 1Capable of withstanding splinters from bursting shells or bombs: splinter-proof shuttersMore example sentences
- To build a splinter-proof shield in an infantry emplacement, the frame and the cover of the module are cut through in the horizontal plane into an arch-supported structural element of the needed height and length.
- Thus, it is necessary to build, in emplacements for regular-issue weapons, splinter-proof shields to protect the riflemen and gun crews from the so-called ‘non-contact’ munitions.
- Second, in accordance with current field engineering practices, the troops build on their positions both covered shelters and open shelters (covered slit trenches, niches, splinter-proof shields and so on).
- 2Not producing splinters when broken: splinter-proof glassMore example sentences
- Wide windshields with splinter proof glass ensure excellent visibility.
- A flat pane of splinter-proof glass forms the windshield of the cockpit.
- Goggles and / or spectacles worn must be made of splinter proof material
More definitions of splinter-proofDefinition of splinter-proof in:
- The British & World English dictionary