- A decision based on a majority verdict rather than on a unanimous one, especially on a court panel or among referees judging the winner of a boxing match.More example sentences
- The gamble paid off - Leonard had just enough skill to stay out of the ageing Hagler's way for most of the night and was rewarded with a split decision, which boxing fans still question to this day.
- Battaglia brought an impressive 21-3 slate into the ring with him and had mixed in world class before, when losing a split decision to German based Turk, Oktay Urkal.
- Morales had two torrid fights with Marco Antonio Barrera, winning a split decision in 2000, and losing a controversial decision two years later.
More definitions of split decisionDefinition of split decision in:
- The British & World English dictionary