- 1 (usually split ends) A tip of a person’s hair that has split from dryness or ill-treatment.More example sentences
- Going from short to long hair takes time and TLC, especially if chemical overprocessing has left you with split ends and dryness.
- ‘Ninety percent of those with long hair will get split ends right after getting highlights,’ Varin says.
- You only get split ends with wet hair in cold weather.
- 2 Football An offensive end positioned on the line of scrimmage but several yards away from the other linemen.More example sentences
- He was a split end and outside linebacker in a smaller school in Alabama.
- The Jets want Coles to play the split end position he played previously with the team, so McCareins will move to flanker, where he played as a member of the Titans.
- It's an especially positive development for Boldin, who seemed miscast most of the time last season as a split end instead of playing the slot, where he excelled as a rookie.
More definitions of split endDefinition of split end in:
- The British & World English dictionary