- Denoting or relating to an induction motor or other device utilizing two or more voltages at different phases produced from a single-phase supply.More example sentences
- The capacitor motor provides a higher starting torque with a lower starting current than the split-phase motor.
- How can the split-phase concept be extended to describe the synchronization semantics of the collective functions?
- A pair of pedestrian heads each having a split-phase facilitate the beam steering such that the appropriate walk or stop hand signal are viewed by the pedestrian at the appropriate location.
More definitions of split-phaseDefinition of split-phase in:
- The British & World English dictionary