- Denoting a fence or enclosure made from pieces of wood split lengthwise from a log.More example sentences
- Just a split-rail fence embedded in a cement berm divided us from the llamas.
- They've taken more turns through the judicial system than a split-rail fence.
- Imagine the arching canes of a climbing rose along a split-rail fence; canes arching in this fashion produce many more flowers than canes growing straight up.
More definitions of split-railDefinition of split-rail in:
- The British & World English dictionary