- A working shift comprising two or more separate periods of duty in a day.More example sentences
- Horvath's initial piece was titled ‘War Time Training,’ and concerned fitting in a workout during ‘the hectic days of swing shifts, graveyard shifts, split shifts.’
- Metrobus claimed Samwu has retracted some of its extra demands but has retained one pertaining to ‘spread-over’ shifts - split shifts with a long break during the day.
- Drivers were demanding regular 7.6-hour shifts, instead of split shifts that ranged from 4 to 10 hours long.
More definitions of split shiftDefinition of split shift in:
- The British & World English dictionary