- 1A person or thing occupied in or designed for splitting something: a log splitterMore example sentences
- When it came time to test its first mango splitter, OXO identified the most common varieties of mango sold in the United States and designed the splitter accordingly.
- Malone Engineering currently produces post drivers, toppers, log splitters, power-type transport boxes in a range of sizes.
- He had two or three chain saws and even a log splitter hooked up to the back of his tractor.
- 1.1A person, especially a taxonomist, who attaches more importance to differences than to similarities in classification. Contrasted with lumper.More example sentences
- Charles Darwin divided taxonomists into lumpers and splitters.
- One sometimes sees the difference between splitters and lumpers presented as one of taste and personality.
- And sometimes both versions co-exist (as with the splitters and the lumpers) and are found in different text books.
More definitions of splitterDefinition of splitter in:
- The British & World English dictionary