- A translucent, typically grayish-white aluminosilicate mineral that is an important source of lithium.More example sentences
- The dike is characterized by a greater abundance of muscovite than biotite; it also contains columbite-tantalite, cassiterite, beryl, spodumene, lepidolite, montebrasite, pollucite, and tourmaline.
- Autunite is widespread in the eastern United States and is particularly well known as an accessory in complex pegmatites that have been prospected for mica, feldspar, spodumene, and gems.
- Purple lepidolite and gray spodumene also can be found, and microcrystals of mangano-columbite are common.
early 19th century: from French spodumène, from Greek spodoumenos 'burning to ashes', present participle of spodousthai, from spodos 'ashes'.
More definitions of spodumeneDefinition of spodumene in:
- The British & World English dictionary