Definition of spoiler in English:
1A person or thing that spoils something.
- But then again, if you've never seen the original film or read the book, spoilers are the least of your problems.
- After all, so many people have read the books that spoilers aren't true spoilers.
- Put some space between the spoiler warning and the actual spoiler.
1.2A description of an important plot development in a television show, movie, or book which if previously known may reduce surprise or suspense for a first-time viewer or reader.
- Either stop putting spoilers in your featurettes or plaster a huge spoiler warning at the beginning.
- A theatrical trailer in anamorphic widescreen features some spoilers.
- They're still putting warnings about spoiler in front of the interviews.
2.1A device on the front or rear of a motor vehicle intended to prevent it from being lifted off the road when traveling at very high speeds.
- So he removed the boot spoiler which was on the 7 - Series.
- Thankfully, the car is aerodynamically stable without the addition of an outrageous spoiler which has featured on some fast Fords in the past.
- There wasn't a spoiler or an alloy wheel in sight.
Words that rhyme with spoilerboiler, broiler, Euler, oiler, toiler
Definition of spoiler in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan