noun (plural spoilsmen)US
- A person who seeks to profit by the spoils system; a person who supports this system.More example sentences
- He is remembered as the political spoilsman who surprised his country with an honest administration.
- I have made the Commission a living force, and in consequence the outcry among the spoilsmen has become furious.
- Although American political parties are never celebrated for having sharp differences of principle, the great age of the spoilsmen was notable for elevating crass hunger for office to a common credo.
More definitions of spoilsmanDefinition of spoilsman in:
- The British & World English dictionary