past participle of speak.
adjective[in combination] Back to top
Speaking in a specified way: a blunt-spoken man
More example sentences
- The late Marie was a quiet-spoken well respected member of the local community.
- Trained in Hindustani classical music, the soft-spoken ' tabla ' artiste is quite a contrast to the musical instrument he plays!
- When we met, he was very quiet-spoken and gave me no reason to be suspicious, " the milkman said.
be spoken for
- Be already claimed, owned, or reserved.More example sentences
reserved, set aside, claimed, owned, booked
- All but five of the 30 tables have already been spoken for.
- I've been busy trying to decide what to do with my $1500.00 cheque - or more realistically - when to spend the amount that has already been spoken for.
- I'm working on another one right now, a little over half done, which has already been spoken for and will be picked up tomorrow.
- (Of a person) already have a romantic commitment: he knows Claudine is spoken forMore example sentences
attached, going out with someone, in a relationshipinformal going steady, taken
- There was one woman who was absolutely gorgeous, but she was spoken for - so she was out of bounds, that's one of my rules.
- The two girls were spoken for, but they were really trying to get a woman for me.
- At the time, she wasn't completely positive he was spoken for.