Definition of spokeshave in English:
A small plane with a handle on each side of its blade, used for shaping curved surfaces (originally wheel spokes).
- Likewise, members could make videos of groups of tools (gauges, planes, saws, drawknives, and spokeshaves) demonstrating their use.
- However, this is not the only outfit deploying the block plane and spokeshave.
- Booth & Mills, makers of braces, bits, spokeshaves, screwdrivers, squares, saw pads, and such displayed along with other manufactures, their products at trade fairs.
verb[with object] Back to top
Shape with a spokeshave.
- Handscrews can also be useful for holding irregular-shaped pieces for carving or spokeshaving work.
- I also added the headstock ‘wings’, and have been spokeshaving myself a neck profile.
- The legs were rough cut with a bandsaw and spokeshaved to final curve, lots of fun getting them all the same.
Definition of spokeshave in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia