Definition of spoon-feed in English:
1Feed (someone) by using a spoon.
- When I visit Ally at lunchtime, does she drag me into a dark corner and cower with me while I spoon-feed her yogurt and offer her a baby bottle?
- We ate quietly and quickly, Stella spoon-feeding Jay who only protested lightly, causing me to roll my eyes at him.
- He proceeded to spoon-feed Glen the bowl of soup.
1.1Provide (someone) with so much help or information that they do not need to think for themselves.
- I am not here to spoon-feed you and nor are you the kind of people who should be spoon-fed.
- But the show clumsily spoon-feeds us its insights.
- But this week it means intelligent, not letting anyone or anything spoon-feed you.
Definition of spoon-feed in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan