Definition of spoonbill in English:
A tall mainly white or pinkish wading bird related to ibises, having a long bill with a very broad flat tip.
- Genera Platalea and Ajaia, family Threskiornithidae: several species
- In winter, it's easy to see raptors, Oriental white stork, and white spoonbills.
- Other wintering species include little egret, spoonbill, hen harrier, merlin, peregrine, green sandpiper and common sandpiper.
- A crudely painted plywood sign showing bulbous ibis and spoonbills asks that you not disturb the birds.
Words that rhyme with spoonbillduckbill • razorbill
Definition of spoonbill in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.