A tall mainly white or pinkish wading bird related to ibises, having a long bill with a very broad flat tip.
- Genera Platalea and Ajaia, family Threskiornithidae: several species
More example sentences
- In winter, it's easy to see raptors, Oriental white stork, and white spoonbills.
- Other wintering species include little egret, spoonbill, hen harrier, merlin, peregrine, green sandpiper and common sandpiper.
- A crudely painted plywood sign showing bulbous ibis and spoonbills asks that you not disturb the birds.
Definition of spoonbill in:
- The British & World English dictionary