1.2(Of a garment or style of dress) suitable for sport or informal wear; casual.
- Spa-inspired clothing joins track suits, cross trainers and karate pants in the chic sportif tradition.
- You'll just have to settle for sportif chic, my dear.
A person who is active or interested in sport.
- The hotel has been a favourite amongst winter sportifs ever since the Serane family opened it for business some 35 years ago.
- Paris will do it with great panache; actually the French aren't all sportifs and sportives but on the whole look indulgently on those who are.
- He doesn't have the time nowadays to be a sportif - he used to love playing football, rugby, cricket and enjoyed windsurfing.
Words that rhyme with sportifaperitif, beef, belief, brief, chief, enfeoff, fief, grief, interleaf, leaf, Leif, lief, Mazar-e-Sharif, misbelief, motif, naif, O'Keeffe, reef, seif, Sharif, sheaf, shereef, Tenerife, thief
Definition of sportif in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.